RELEASE AND INDEMNIFICATION AGREEMENT
PLEASE READ THIS DOCUMENT CAREFULLY. BY SIGNING, YOU ARE GIVING UP LEGAL RIGHTS
This Release and Indemnification Agreement (Agreement) is entered into by the Adult Participant, and if any minor is named below, the Adult Participant on behalf of and as parent or legal guardian for the Child Participant(s) in favor of ARSENEAU INC (Urban Air). Collectively and severally, Adult Participant and Child Participant are referred to as the Participant. In consideration of Urban Air permitting Participant access to the Premises and the ability to participate in the Activities, including the Activities that may occur in, about, or near 1066 BARRYDOWNE ROAD, SUDBURY, ONTARIO, P3A3V3 or any other premises owned or operated by Urban Air wherever located (Premises), Participant agrees as follows:
- Nature of the Activities. Urban Air operates a trampoline and adventure park, which offers Participants (a) the opportunity to participate actively or passively, in trampoline and adventure park related activities, including, but not limited to, jumping, dodgeball, volleyball, tumbling, foam pit jumping, aerobics, skydiving, ninja warrior course, battle beam, laser tag, soft play, ropes course, climbing wall, roller coaster/sky rider, go carts, laser tag, bowling, bumper cars, cyber sports, mini golf, arcades, exercising, and other miscellaneous trampoline and adventure activities, instruction, training, fitness classes, competition, events, and programs and (b) access to the locker room, Premises, and cafe (collectively, Activities).
- Types of Risks. Participant acknowledges there are inherent risks in and injuries that may occur from participating in the Activities, including, but not limited to, cuts; bruises; muscle strain; twisted or sprained ankles, knees, shoulders, or wrists; burns; dirt or other materials in eye; concussions; broken bones; physical or emotional injuries; landing wrong; over-exertion; failure of the attraction surface or attachments; being hit by a ball; collisions with other participants; erratic co-participant behavior; collisions with standards and supports; using improper form or technique; slipping, falling, or tripping; equipment failure; error of judgment by employees; paralysis, disability, or death; personal injury to third persons; or property damage. Due to the nature of the Activities, there are more hazards and risks than the foregoing, and there are also unknown and unforeseeable hazards.
- Assumption of Risks. Notwithstanding the foregoing risks and safety measures implemented by Urban Air, Participant acknowledges it is impossible to eliminate all risk of injury and understands the demands of the Activities relative to Participant’s physical condition and skill level. PARTICIPANT AFFIRMS THAT PARTICIPATION IN THE ACTIVITIES IS VOLUNTARY AND PARTICIPANT KNOWINGLY, WITH UNDERSTANDING OF THE RISKS AND POTENTIAL INJURIES, ASSUMES ALL RISKS INHERENT WITH THE ACTIVITIES AND ACCESS TO THE PREMISES.
- Alcohol. Participant agrees to exercise ordinary and reasonable care and to not consume alcohol to the extent Participant’s judgment is impaired. Participant understands the potential risks associated with the consumption of alcohol and acknowledges Participant does not have and is not aware of any medical condition that would result in any injury to Participant due to Participant’s consumption of alcohol. Participant assumes the risks associated with alcohol consumption and takes full responsibility for Participant’s own actions, safety, and welfare. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL PARTICIPANT BE ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE IN ANY ACTIVITIES IF PARTICIPANT HAS CONSUMED ALCOHOL.
- Release and Indemnity. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, ADULT PARTICIPANT ON BEHALF OF HIMSELF, CHILD PARTICIPANT, AND THEIR HEIRS, EXECUTORS, AND REPRESENTATIVES RELEASES, AGREES NOT TO SUE, AND SHALL INDEMNIFY URBAN AIR, UATP MANAGEMENT, LLC, UATP IP, LLC, UA ATTRACTIONS, LLC, ARSENEAU INC., THE LEGAL OWNER OF THE PREMISES, THE LANDLORD, MORTGAGEES AND MANAGEMENT COMPANY OF THE PREMISES, AND ANY OF THEIR LENDERS, PARENTS, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, MEMBERS, MANAGERS, PARTNERS, AGENTS, EMPLOYEES, CONTRACTORS, REPRESENTATIVES, HEIRS, ASSIGNS, VOLUNTEERS, INDEPENDENT CONTRACTORS, EQUIPMENT SUPPLIERS, AND INSURERS OF ALL OF THEM (COLLECTIVELY, PROTECTED PARTIES) FROM AND AGAINST ALL LIABILITIES, LOSSES, DAMAGES, CLAIMS, DEMANDS, ACTIONS, SUITS, CAUSES OF ACTION, COSTS, FEES, AND EXPENSES (INCLUDING REASONABLE ATTORNEY'S FEES AND COURT OR OTHER COSTS) (COLLECTIVELY, CLAIMS) RELATING TO, RESULTING FROM, OR ARISING OUT OF OR ALLEGED TO HAVE ARISEN OUT OF (IN WHOLE OR IN PART) ANY PROPERTY DAMAGE OR BODILY INJURY (INCLUDING DEATH) TO PARTICIPANT RESULTING IN ANY WAY FROM (A) PARTICIPANT’S USE OF THE PREMISES, (B) PARTICIPANT’S ACTIVE OR PASSIVE PARTICIPATION IN THE ACTIVITIES, (C) LOSS OR THEFT OF PERSONAL PROPERTY, (D) FROM THE CONSUMPTION OF ALCOHOL AT THE PREMISES BY PARTICIPANT OR ANY OTHER INVITEE OF URBAN AIR, OR (E) PARTICIPANT’S BREACH OF THIS AGREEMENT. THIS RELEASE AND INDEMNITY SHALL APPLY EVEN IF ANY THE CLAIM IS CAUSED IN WHOLE OR IN PART BY THE NEGLIGENCE, GROSS NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY, OR WILLFUL MISCONDUCT OF THE PROTECTED PARTIES OR PARTICIPANT. THE INDEMNITY SHALL ALSO INCLUDE ADULT PARTICIPANT’S OBLIGATION TO INDEMNIFY THE PROTECED PARTIES FROM (Y) ANY SUM OR SETTLEMENT PAID TO OR ON BEHALF OF THE CHILD PARTICIPANT RESULTING FROM A CLAIM IN ANY WAY INVOLVING THE FOREGOING SUBSECTIONS AND (Z) ALL CLAIMS RESULTING FROM OR RELATING TO ANY INSUFFICIENCY OF PARTICIPANT’S LEGAL CAPACITY OR AUTHORITY TO EXECUTE THIS AGREEMENT FOR OR ON BEHALF OF THE CHILD PARTICIPANT.
- Dispute Resolution.
- Arbitration. Any dispute or claim arising out of or relating to this Agreement, breach thereof, the Premises, Activities, property damage (real or personal), personal injury (including death), or the scope, arbitrability, or validity of this arbitration agreement (Dispute) shall be brought by the parties in their individual capacity and not as a plaintiff or class member in any purported class or representative capacity, and settled by binding arbitration in accordance with this Article 6. Any arbitration hereunder shall be held at Sudbury, Ontario, unless the Parties otherwise mutually agree. The law to be applied in connection with the arbitration shall be the law of the Province of Ontario, including its conflict of law rules. The provisions of the Arbitrations Act 1992, (Ontario) shall apply to the extent that they are not inconsistent with this Article. There shall be one arbitrator agreed to by the Parties within twenty (20) days of receipt by the respondent of the request for arbitration or in default thereof three arbitrators. The Parties agree that one arbitrator shall be appointed by each Party within twenty (20) days of receipt by the respondent of the request for arbitration or in default thereof appointed by petition to an appropriate court to appoint an arbitrator, and the third, presiding, arbitrator shall be appointed by agreement of the two Party-appointed arbitrators within fourteen (14) days of the appointment of the second arbitrator or in default of such agreement, by petition to an appropriate court. All fees, costs and expenses (including legal fees and expenses on a solicitor-client basis) incurred by the Party that prevails in any such arbitration commenced pursuant to this Article 6 or any judicial action or proceeding seeking to enforce the agreement to arbitrate disputes as set forth in this Article 6 or seeking to enforce any order or award of any arbitration commenced pursuant to this Article 6 may be assessed against the Party or Parties that do not prevail in such arbitration in such manner as the arbitrator or the court in such judicial action, as the case may be, may determine to be appropriate under the circumstances. All costs and expenses attributable to the arbitrator shall be allocated among the Parties to the arbitration in such manner as the arbitrator shall determine to be appropriate under the circumstances.
- Waiver of Jury Trial. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, ADULT PARTICIPANT AND URBAN AIR KNOWINGLY, willingly, AND VOLUNTARILY, WITH FULL AWARENESS OF THE LEGAL CONSEQUENCES, AFTER CONSULTING WITH COUNSEL (OR AFTER HAVING WAIVED THE OPPORTUNITY TO CONSULT WITH COUNSEL) AGREE TO WAIVE THEIR RIGHT TO a JURY TRIAL OF ANY DISPUTE AND TO RESOLVE ANY AND ALL DISPUTES THROUGH ARBITRATION. The right to a trial by jury is a right parties would or might otherwise have had under the laws of the Province of Ontario.
- License. Participant irrevocably grants the Protected Parties the right to use all or a portion of an image or video of Participant and their name and likeness in all forms and media including composite or modified representations for all purposes, including advertising, trade or any commercial purpose throughout the world and in perpetuity. PARTICIPANT WAIVES THE RIGHT TO INSPECT OR APPROVE VERSIONS OF IMAGES OR VIDEOS USED FOR PUBLICATION OR THE WRITTEN COPY THAT MAY BE USED IN CONNECTION WITH THE IMAGES/VIDEOS. PARTICIPANT RELEASES THE PROTECED PARTIES FROM ANY CLAIMS THAT MAY ARISE REGARDING THE USE OF PARTICIPANT’S STATEMENTS, VIDEOS, OR IMAGES INCLUDING ANY CLAIMS OF DEFAMATION, INVASION OF PRIVACY, OR INFRINGEMENT OF MORAL RIGHTS, RIGHTS OF PUBLICITY, OR COPYRIGHT.
- Authority. If Adult Participant signs this Agreement on behalf of his/her spouse, child, family member, friend, minor child, or other person, Adult Participant warrants and represents to Urban Air that he/she has the legal authority and such person’s actual and implied authority to execute this Agreement on their behalf, including, but not limited to, the arbitration clause, release, indemnity agreement, and license.
- Acknowledgments. Participant represents to the Protected Parties that this Agreement is a complete and final release and indemnity agreement, that Participant is voluntarily entering into this Agreement, and no representations, promises, or statements made by any of the Protected Parties has influenced Participant in signing this Agreement. Participant agrees that there are no oral agreements, representations, promises, or warranties that are not expressly set forth herein, this Agreement may only be modified in writing, and that Participant is not relying on any statements or representations of the Protected Parties that are not expressly contained herein. Participant expressly agrees that this Agreement is intended to be as broad and inclusive as is permitted by the laws of the Province in which the Premises is located and that if any portion thereof is held invalid, it is agreed that the balance shall, notwithstanding, continue in full legal force and effect. Venue for any action brought hereunder or due to Participant’s use of the Premises or participation in the Activities shall lie in the City in which the Premises is located. The substantive laws of the Province in which the Premises is located shall apply. By signing below, Participant authorizes Urban Air to communicate with Participant via email with updates, news, advertisements, and offers.
- Representations by Participant. Participant represents to the Protected Parties as follows:
- Participant shall obey all rules while participating in the Activities and alert the staff of any rules violations or dangerous behavior.
- Participant possesses a sufficient level of skill and physical fitness for safe participation in the Activities.
- Participant shall only attempt Activities that Participant can perform safely.
- Participant is not aware of any health problems that would prevent him/her from participating in the Activities.
- Participant has received either medical clearance from his/her physician prior to participation in the Activities or has determined that such clearance is not necessary for his/her safe participation in the Activities.
- Urban Air may, but shall not be obligated or required to, administer to Participant emergency aid, CPR, and use an AED (defibrillator), secure emergency medical care or transportation (i.e., EMS), and Participant shall assume all costs of emergency medical care and transportation.
- Participant shall discontinue participation in the Activities if Participant feels any unusual discomfort (e.g., faintness, shortness of breath, high anxiety, or chest pains).
BY EXECUTING THIS AGREEMENT, I REPRESENT I HAD A SUFFICIENT OPPORTUNITY TO READ THIS AGREEMENT, I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THIS AGREEMENT, AND I AGREE TO BE BOUND AS SET FORTH HEREIN.